Butter-y, sugar-y GOODNESS, minus the butter..of course! My new favorite vegan baking recipe, perfected! ingredients 1 1/4 c Bob’s Red Mill Organic flour 1/4 c Cornstarch 1 tsp Baking Powder 4 oz Vegan Margarine (Earth Balance) 3/4 c Sugar 1/4 … Continue reading
It’s a new year..Who is ready to spice it up!? I’ve compiled all my hours of reviewing NYFW runway photos, fashion blogs & magazine reasearch to a simple breakdown of the realistic “MUST HAVES” for this spring! …You’re welcome! 😉 … Continue reading
There’s always those special events where creatively “thinking outside of the box” is encouraged, and I’ m always up for the challenge!
Every February there is a Masquerade themed party thrown at the famous Playboy Mansion, and I was lucky enough to be given a “golden ticket” 😉
As a makeup artist, I felt it would be a shame buying a mask to cover my face when I could recreate one with my awesome makeup products, and experiment with fun accents..this was my final look:
I decided on a peacock color theme which I felt would go well with my all black attire.
- Makeup Forever primer
- Ben Nye foundation. This look & event called for a heavy coverage, long lasting, flawless foundation. Worked flawlessly!
- Cover XF- used as a concealer
- MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre applied all around the eye area to prime for the mask look.
- Palladio Rice Powder to set
- Benefit pigment in-Pistachio
- Urban Decay-Zephyr, Midnight Cowgirl, HiJack, Blue Bus, Baked& Creep
- NYX-Bright Green& Irises
- MAC Fluidline
- DUO eyelash glue- Feather lashes & strip lashes applied (on top & bottom) as well as 2 loose peacock feathers to each side & rhinestones.
- MAC Blunt to contour
- MAC Pinch Me Blush
- MAC Shell for highlight
(Me, of course having a DANCE PARTY in my room while getting ready…one of my favorite parts of a night out!)
“Just living is not enough” said the butterfly fairy, “one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower.”
Hans Christian Andersen
Cheers to fairytales, dreams & feeling like a princess,
Small clutch +phone/make up/keys/wallet= forced to be extremely selective on what accompanies you on a big night out!
Im breaking down what I held close to me in my Michael Kors clutch on my latest evening out.
There’s nothing worse than a make up meltdown on an important outing with no back up. If you apply good primers and products while glamming up, these vital back ups are your beauty insurance! These are what I kept with me last weekend at a party this past Saturday at Southbay Studios.
#1 Touch up- a good powder to “powder your nose”
Lights, camera, SHINE! Ever looked at a picture from an important night to find oil overload and a glisten a little less than glamorous? YUCK! My pick for the evening? Revlons PhotoReady Powder. It works well to conceal shine & even out skin tone without being TOO heavy!
#2 Duo Eye Lash Glue
My one and only trusty eye lash adhesive, Duo! Putting lashes on adds an instant flirty confidence to any eye look, but there is nothing more embarrassing than a malfunction in stay power! Take this for that JUST IN CASE moment!!
#3 Lip Touch ups-liner, lipstick. gloss
Not all of us ladies do the three product lip..I keep all mine handy but at a minimum a gloss MUST stay close! My choice? MAC‘s in c-thru. Basic, great shine & trusty! (click HERE for my favorite nude pout!)
#4 Eye liner
When sporting a sexy smokey eye, eye liner is key. For me a liner being handy is essential! My favorite liquid liner is CoverGirls, and I keep one in every clutch,purse & kit! Needed a touch up or two to guarantee a great, bold eye look!
Along with these goodies, my gold clutch was stuffed with my id, debit card, key, and my handy iPhone. Thank goodness my phone has a great camera, heres a few pictures from my FUN NIGHT OUT!
to making every carpet, your red carpet!
I hope all you beauties started this year off with a smile! I wanted to share this with you all..add a little sunshine to your heart, and put things into perspective. This is the brave story of a sweet boy, who went to heaven this past Christmas. APPLY WATERPROOF MASCARA NOW…
That Angel stole my heart ❤
This time of year calls for festivities, fun times and plenty of photographs! Here’s a couple quick, easy tips to look tip top in every snap shot!
1. I know its SO hard, especially when there are outrageous amounts of food to be feasted on…but try to avoid salty food and alcohol (in excess). These will dehydrate your skin, cause bloating and promote puffy eyes.
2. Stay on top of exfoliating several times a week and be sure to wear moisturizing masks to bed. Cameras capture things our mirrors may lie to us about. Focus on appearing fresh, clean and hydrated! CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD DIY SCRUB!
3. This one is VITAL! Get plenty of water, fruits and vegetables! These good, nutrient rich foods both assist in maintaining a balanced diet as well promoting your skins health and “glow”!
4. In order to get those great holiday lips in fun shades of red, pink and nude..our pucker needs to be attended to as well. Exfoliate and keep chapstick handy..this winter weather can take its toll! CLICK HERE FOR A DIY LIP SCRUB!
5. Lastly…if you know you have an event or family pictures where looking groomed is a must..have your eyebrows shaped 1-2 days prior if tweezing and 1 week prior if waxing. The tiniest hairs will be removed and will cause make up to not lay right. Any irritation should subside by the time you have to flash those pearly whites,