Happy 2014 beauties!!
If anyone else is like me, the new year is always a great reminder that taking care of myself NEEDS to be of utmost priority. (No one else can do it for you!) So it was the perfect opportunity to call a mandatory girls pamper night for the first Friday evening of this fresh new year.
I tried 2 simple recipes. One scrub & one moisturizing mask..both conveniently made with household items I had in the kitchen.
* Added step: I used a Revlon Facial Sauna between steps to open and close pores. Its a simple warm and cool mist to make for a more “spa like” feel and added benefits.
Green Tea Sugar Scrub
- Green Tea (brewed, unflavored)
Get to mixing!
- First brew hot tea in hot water. Set 1-2 tablespoons in a small bowl (I drank the rest- green tea benefits are HUGE!) -let cool.
- Add sugar (1ish tablespoons) Make into “grainy” consistency.
- Finally, pour in 1 tablespoon of honey into mixture.
- Apply to cleansed face. “Scrub” in circular motion.
Greek Yogurt Mask
- Plain Greek Yogurt
Get to mixing!
- Combine 2 tablespoons of yogurt to 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Smooth onto face. Leave on for 15 minutes. Wash of with warm washcloth.
*Final Step: I applied all natural COCONUT OIL over my entire face+ neck. (My FAVORITE beauty product of ALL TIME! Click the link to find out why! xo)
TAAAA – DAAAAA!!! All Natural spa night complete! Add a glass of wine (or sparking water with berries 😉 ) and your best gals and you have a complete papering night!
To taking INCREDIBLE care of OURSELVES in 2014!