Artistic behind the scenes Video of a photoshoot at a BEAUTIFUL Mansion in Del Mar! Model: Ashlee http://www.rock1053.com Photography & Videography: Jay Warren http://www.7aphoto.com Hair & Make up: Brittany Michele http://www.brittanymichele.com xoxox
Excited to share some AMAZING images from a recent in-studio shoot with TIESthatBIND Photography & the beautiful, Dolly! Enjoy this tattooed-beauty! & a couple fun behind the scenes shots 😉 Photographer: Louie Campos – TIES that … Continue reading
There’s nothing more magical than the hills of Rancho Santa Fe & Del Mar- the beautiful landscape, the architecture of perfectly designed homes, oh…and my favorite model & photographer for a Victorian inspired shoot this past Tuesday! GLORIOUS! Final images … Continue reading
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. “ Audrey Hepburn model: Ashlee Photography: Ahren Nunag To beautiful eyes, … Continue reading
Even now that I am grown, I still ADORE fairytales & the stories we were told as children. I was lucky enough to explore my artistic creativity for a shoot with Marc Espina , who created the concept & shot this storybook fantasy shoot starring the beautiful Ashlee Rock of Rock 105.3. Thermal fingerwave style, lucious red lips and doe eyes that even made the “big bad wolf” weak in the knees. I present our collaboration of “Little Red Riding Hood!”
To “big bad wolves” being THAT big & bad ;).
Here’s the long awaited Studio 7a photography‘s beautifully done romantic, hippy, fashion shoot video from October 2011. I was honored to be the hair and make up artist for this shoot..CLICK HERE to check out the behind the scenes “how to’s”. Enjoy Dolls! xo
Photographers & Videographers:
Jay Warren-Studio 7a photography
Lenny Lester- Life is a Postcard
Jason Taylor- Taylor Films
Hair and Make up:
This time of year calls for festivities, fun times and plenty of photographs! Here’s a couple quick, easy tips to look tip top in every snap shot!
1. I know its SO hard, especially when there are outrageous amounts of food to be feasted on…but try to avoid salty food and alcohol (in excess). These will dehydrate your skin, cause bloating and promote puffy eyes.
2. Stay on top of exfoliating several times a week and be sure to wear moisturizing masks to bed. Cameras capture things our mirrors may lie to us about. Focus on appearing fresh, clean and hydrated! CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD DIY SCRUB!
3. This one is VITAL! Get plenty of water, fruits and vegetables! These good, nutrient rich foods both assist in maintaining a balanced diet as well promoting your skins health and “glow”!
4. In order to get those great holiday lips in fun shades of red, pink and nude..our pucker needs to be attended to as well. Exfoliate and keep chapstick handy..this winter weather can take its toll! CLICK HERE FOR A DIY LIP SCRUB!
5. Lastly…if you know you have an event or family pictures where looking groomed is a must..have your eyebrows shaped 1-2 days prior if tweezing and 1 week prior if waxing. The tiniest hairs will be removed and will cause make up to not lay right. Any irritation should subside by the time you have to flash those pearly whites,
There is nothing like the excitement of incredible artists collaborating and the energy that is on location of professional shoots like these ones with Jay Warren of Studio 7a Photography. He is HANDS DOWN one of THE most inspiring artists I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and I find I continually give myself a little pinch because I am SO blessed to work with him! He pushes me daily to want to raise my bar. Enjoy these pictures…Have to admit Im pretty proud. 🙂
(And CLICK HERE here for some behind the scenes beauty tips, colors and products! ❤ )
I had SO much fun with this beauty’s red locks! Waves and curls were created with my trusty wand iron and end were left out from the barrel. Teasing was done throughout the midshaft with minimal lift throughout the base. TUTORIAL TO COME. Obsessed!:)
To working with people who inspire you to be your best,
Wednesday I had the pleasure of working on a beautiful fashion shoot in the country side of Murrieta, CA. It was a gorgeous day oozing with undeniable talent. Working with my amazing friend, Jay Warren of Studio 7a Photography along with Photographer Lenny Lesser and videographer Jason Taylor .
The focus of the shoot was to obtain high end and casual catalog fashion shots and collaborate with some great artists and beautiful models.
There were 3 models, all of which I had the pleasure of dolling up! Going with the Bohemian/Hippie/Vintage Rustic fashion looks, 2 of three models were first prepped with Goldwell’s Top Whip Mousse to create a base and hold for irons and braids. After dried all hair was misted with Enjoy’s Styling Spray as a working spray and thermal protectant and a Enzo no clamp iron was used to created soft romantic curls/translated waves topped with Sebastian’s ReShaper as the finishing spray. Traditional braids and a rope braid were showcased, as well as a reformed (modernized) milkmaid-braid.
Make up looks included light, minimal foundation and MAC’s Strobe cream were used to create a dewy look. Eyes were kept glowing with Urban Decay’s Naked Palette for gold and smokey tones, along side MAC’s Melon Pigment (which was also used on the apples of the cheeks for a high light). Minimal eye liner was applied, just heavy mascara in my trusty waterproof Maybelline Great Lash and lips were lined with a natural liner and NYX Mega Shine lip Gloss in Sugar Pie.
Overall a great day..and Im beyond excited to show off more of the shots. 🙂
from the girl who glosses up the beauties,