noun, plural -ties.
1.the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
2.a beautiful person, especially a woman.
3.a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
4.Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
- The colors dried on my palate after a night of painting. The intermixing of colors in the height of artistic expression are sometimes more appealing, more beautiful to my eye then what was actually produced on my canvas.
- The sound of a baby laughing. There is nothing more sweet, nothing more precious than a true laugh from a beautiful little one. The beauty of innocence.
- The waves crashing on a silent beach. The world is so big, and has so much to offer..my problems and challenges seem so small next to the beauty of Mother Earth.
- The sound of my church throughout Worship. The voices all singing together, loud and united. Sometimes I find myself being silenced, with my eyes closed, just to embrace the power…the beauty of the Lord.
- Looking in the mirror and being proud of what I see. Not pride in my eye liner, my skin tone or my hair color…not my outfit selection, my fake eye lashes or high heels..being proud of who I am beyond all that. The confidence in the person I have become, and the pride I have in dropping my insecurities and telling myself I am beautiful. The BEAUTY in my life, in myself and in and my spirit, I’ve found is to be the most beautiful of them all.
I think beauty is all around us, and beauty can be found in EVERYTHING. My passion for my quest for capturing “beauty” is never ending! I’ll end my first blog with this.