I’ve been raised in a home that has ALWAYS had a dog in it. I’m a dog person…I believe they offer unconditional companionship, love & friendship. Losing my aussie, Skylar in January of a tumor was heart breaking but I knew it meant it was time to open my love to a new pup. That being said, here is my pride & joy- DUNCAN
He’s the smartest boy I know & I’m proud to say I rescued him. At 13 weeks old, he’s smart as a tack and already programed to be obedient & social. Living the active lifestyle I do (explore my sister’s blog Fit, Sassy & Beautiful !) I plan on conditioning this little man to be my running partner, hiking buddy and active explorer. I want him to be at optimal health and after hours of research & a dear friend’s guidance, I’ve discovered organic-homemade dog recipes that make me just as happy as it makes him! I want to know what’s going in my babe’s bod..do YOU know what’s in your dog’s food?!
The ingredients weren’t horribly expensive, it didn’t take much time at all…AND it’s 110% Duncan Approved.
Organic Chicken Stew for Dogs
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 1 can organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Frozen Peas
- Fresh Organic Carrots – cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato – cut into chunks
- Organic Celery – diced
- 1 Organic Zucchini – diced
- Organic Gala Apples – cut into chunks
I basically just added a couple extra’s of my regular items to my shopping list while on my store trip.
- Place chicken+broth into a Crock Pot on high.
- After allowing to cook for awhile, add in vegetables. Let it cook on Low until veggies are tender.
- Take out chicken and remove bones. I give my boy all the cooked innards. Shred the meat and return to pot.
I made 3 containers, one to place in the fridge and 2 in the freezer. I do have him on some Science Diet dry food (recommended by his Vet) & I combine his favorite stew with it twice a day. (Once in the morning and again in the evening).
*What not to include: Onions & garlic. I do not recommend serving your dog raw meat!
To healthy puppies & happy dog-Mama’s,