The holidays are such a magical time of year! Family, gift giving, baking, Christmas trees and joyous songs…oh, and shopping budgets, crowded malls, hours spent traveling and endless gift wrapping…finding yourself stressed? In need of a little “you” time that doesn’t take time away from your bustling holiday schedule? Make yourself this relaxing peppermint sugar scrub- it takes minutes to prepare, you probably have these ingredients in your kitchen and it can be kept in your shower into the new year! Taa-daa – your holiday de-stresser- enjoy!
<u> Ingredients </u>
- 3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- Pure Peppermint oil (added to liking)
<u> Benefits </u>
- Peppermint oil not only adds a cleansing tingle to your skin (which aids in any skin irritation), the smell will infuse your shower with relaxing auromatheraputic scents to calm your holiday nerves. Peppermint is widely used for its antibacterial properties and will assist in stopping the spread of bacteria and acts as a natural decongestant for your skin.
- Sugar is natures perfect sweet gift for exfoliating your skin. With the harshness of winter, you want to be especially mindful of exfoliating dry, dead skin.
- Grape seed oil is soothes even the most sensitive of skin. It is easily absorbed and will moisturize over -stressed skin. (Stay tuned for a blog post on this amazing oil soon!)
I hope you all are enjoying the real meaning of the holidays – enjoying good times with people you love most and continuing to be overwhelmed by all of life’s blessings!
From my heart to yours,